You have found your person
You have found the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with. Do want to ensure your love lasts? Do you want tools to navigate the inevitable challenges that all couples face? Do you want to go through life being set up for joy, connection, intimacy, and resilience? At Integrative Family Therapy we are relationship experts. Drawing from the work of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy we equip premarital couples to develop life long relationship skills.
Why should we do premarital couples therapy?
There are many reasons why couples attend premarital therapy, including:
- They have a great relationship and want to do everything they can to ensure their relationship stays strong.
- They have heard positive reports on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and want to give it a whirl.
- They argue on occasion and want to develop healthier ways to approach conflict.
- They want to have important conversations before marriage, such as finances, children, parenting, sex, religion, career plans, retirement plans, lifestyle, and values but they do not know where to begin.
- They have children from a previous marriage or relationship and want everyone to transitions well to the marriage and family experience.
- They want to stop negative patterns of interaction so they can each experience more connection, healthy communication, and intimacy.
- They want to heal previous relational conflict so they get started on the right foot.
What to expect
We love working with premarital couples! We cannot stress enough how wise it is to do premarital couples therapy. When couples learn the skills and tools to create vibrant relationships they end up avoiding many of problems that other couples face. Utilizing Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy we begin by exploring your strengths, challenges, and goals for therapy. We will explore the areas you get stuck and provide a pathway for you to navigate conflict and communicate in a responsive and effective manner. Our main focus is on helping you and your partner create a secure bond, develop resilience, and enhance connection. In addition we will assist you with strengthening the areas of your relationship that you want to focus on.
If you are interested in premarital couples therapy, the first step is to schedule a free 15 minute consultation by clicking the Request Appointment button below.. Klara Placek is our premarital couples therapist expert.